Vitamin C serums 7 facts
- Posted on: Jan 1 2021
We all are aware that vitamin C is good for the skin. But we don’t know much about it and how it’s helps us. Vitamin C is an potent ingredient in skincare that repairs and protects the skin. We have to ensure that vitamin C is used and packed correctly otherwise it would be ineffective. Therefore, it is important to learn about the facts.
1. There are many types of Vitamin C
All Vitamin C will help with redness, hyperpigmentation and sign of ageing. But some types are better and so it’s best to see how each type is good for you.
- L-ascorbic acid – This one of the purest form of vitamin C and is the strongest. However, it is a type that is more sensitive.
- Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate – This type is fat soluble which means it can penetrate the deeply into the skin. Thus making it a better choice to treat and repair the skin.
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate – This kind can increase hydration levels in the skin and prevent water loss. Thus, being suitable for those who have dry skin.
- Sodium ascorbyl phosphate – This is the best for those who have sensitive and acne prone skin. As this form is gentle and have acne inhibitors properties.
2. Vitamin C serum can smooth fine lines unless combined with other collagen stimulating ingredients.
We know how this serum can help our skin. But it can only help to smooth wrinkles if the Vitamin C is combined with other ingredients. This helps to smooth out lines. For instance, retinol and growth factors. Therefore, a combined form if better to reduce signs of ageing.
3. Protects your skin well
Vitamin C serum are packed with potent antioxidants that helps to destroy free radicals damage in the skin. As free radicals damage destroys the DNA that keep you youthful. So it’s important to use Vitamin C to fIght that damage. Thus, maintaining a youthful skin with the application of vitamin C.
4. Vitamin C efficiency
For Vitamin C to be effective on the skin it is important that you put it on the skin first before anything else. This helps deep penetration to all the layers of the skin. Thus, helping towards improving the skin.
5. Helps to treat dark spots
We know that it helps to treat pigmentation, but it also helps to lighten dark spots on the face. As it prevents the dark spots you have from becoming darker.
6. Packaging is key to effectiveness
For the potent ingredient to be effective it is important that it comes in a dark opaque bottle and is stored away from sunlight. As Vitamin C is fragile and expose to light makes it ineffective. Thus, being ineffective in repairing your skin.
7. Can see the difference it makes to your skin in a short time
Obviously everyone has different skin types. But with regular use people have seen vitamin C helps to smooth their redness and pigmentation in a short time frame. However, for improvements to be maintained it is important to use it consistently. Therefore, this serum will be part of your skincare regimen in a long time.
Posted in: Uncategorized