Toner for dry skin?
- Posted on: Jun 18 2021
We often are faced with dry skin during certain time of the year. Whereas, others have a constant dry skin through tout the year. It is difficult for these individuals to use a toner on their skin. As often a toner dry the skin out and so they just avoid them all together. However, all toners are not the same and you can get one that are suitable for those with dry skin. As toners designed for dry skin helps to improve its hydration.
What are toners?
Toners were normally alcohol based toner were use to strip off any excess oils from the face. This is where toners were use to smooth and tighten the skin. Mostly a alcohol base toner is made for those who have acne. This helps to reduce excess sebum that reduces an overdrive of acne causing bacteria. However, now you do get a toner that is more water base. These toners are best for those who have dry skin, as it will help to rehydrate the skin. This is where those with dry skin should choose a sensitive toner or use micellar water. As toners now will have some percentage of alcohol that will affect those with dry and sensitive skin.
We know have a range of toners available that are hydrating and have ingredients in them to help to reduce redness and irritation, while making the dry skin feel smooth without stripping any moisture from the skin. So these types of toners can help those with dry and flaky skin.
What ingredients should I look out for when buying a toner?
- Avoid looking out for high concentration of alcohol toners
- Look out for toners that contain micellar water and rose water
- Toners that have hyaluronic acid are good if you have dry skin, as it help to lock in moisture.
- Vitamin E, glycerin, chamomile, aloe vera, green tea extract and essential oils. These ingredients help to smooth the skin and helps to replenish moisture back into the skin.
- Do not use toners that contains Salicylic acid as this will take moisture out, irritate the skin and dry it out.
When is the best time to use a toner?
- Best time to use a toner is after ever cleanse in the morning and the evening. This helps to remove any dirt or residue and help to keep the skin hydrated.
At Saints European, we have a variety of skincare that is suited for those with dry skins. If you would like to find out more then please give our friendly team a call on (828) 586-6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized