How to stay sun-safe this summer?
- Posted on: Jun 1 2018
What is sun-safe?
With the warm weathers now approaching, where temperature are only on the rise. The sun at its highest points giving out ultraviolet rays, which is the #1 cause of skin cancer. As too much sun exposure results in sunburn, eye damage, premature aging and wrinkles.
Subsequently, It is very important that we stay sun-safe in the summer. Sun- safe how?, you may ask, there are many ways you can enjoy the sun safely and in moderation. There are a few steps we can all take. For instance, by shielding the skin with clothes and wearing sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher.
Tips to stay sun-safe this summer:
1. Wear sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. Sunscreen must be regularly applied. Ensure sunscreens have Broad Spectrum, as this protects your skin against UVA & UVB rays. At Saints European we have Obagi Broad Spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen available, which is a great sunscreen to stay sun-safe this summer. Sunscreen must be reapplied every two hours, after sweating, exercise and swimming.
2. When outside in sun wear a wide brim hats and clothing to protect the skin.
3. Seek shade where ever possible, limit sun expose between high UV rays between 10am to 4pm.
4. Avoid tanning beds and sunlamps, which contributes to long term skin damage and skin cancer. Instead try sunless tanning. Sunless tanning gives you the appearance of a full tan without spending hours in the sun and does not harm the skin at all. This service is available at Saints European and is a very popular among all ages.
5. Protect your eyes with sunglasses, since long term sun exposure can damage the eyes. Ensure that the sunglasses block 99% of UV rays.
Follow these tips and you are well prepared for sun-safe summer with Saints European!
For further information, please feel free to call our friendly staff on (828)586-6172!
Watch this video below on how to stay sun-safe from abc 2 news!
Posted in: Uncategorized