Sleep for your skin
- Posted on: Jul 1 2021
Sleep is essential for our everyday life operations. It help to provide us with energy we need through the day. But did you know it is essential for your skin health. As it gives the skin time to repair and rebuild itself. As during the day the skin on your face are exposed to pollution, germs, dryness and light. Sleeping helps the skin to regenerate after experiencing all these during the day.
How does sleep protect my skin?
Sleeping for seven to nine hours a night help the skin to stay moisturized and to stay protected. This helps the skin combat any signs of ageing. Moreover, it allows the skin to heal after being exposed to ultraviolet light than those who have less than five hours sleep. This is where by reducing the time you sleep reduces the time your skin has for it to repair. As the skin regenerate more quickly during the night. During skin regeneration, collagen helps to keep the volume and elasticity in the skin. This is also facilitates by an increased blood flow to the skin. An increased blood flow helps the skin to receive its nutrients. Therefore, sleep is essential for your skin health and to prevent any signs of ageing.
How do I know if I am not getting enough sleep?
When you don’t sleep often there are signs we can see from our face to know that we need to do something about it. This is where you would notice that you have dark circles, swollen eyes, increased amount of wrinkles and that you look unhappy. These are all vital signs for you to realise that you are not getting enough sleep that is require for your skin and health.
What can I do to maximise my skin night time routine?
- Make sure you apply a good moisturizer.
- Use retinol which helps it to be absorbed best into the skin due to an increased blood flow.
- Sleep on your back than your face is better. As this will help to prevent the lines you create on your face. This can eventually deepen over time.
- Ensure you put away any distractions before you go to sleep, at least an hour before. As the blue light that emits from devices can hinder your sleep.
- Ensure you get up to 7 to 9 hours a sleep a day.
- Set a regular timing of when you wake up and go to sleep. As our body loves a routine. This will not only help your skin, but also provide you with the full needed energy during the day.
If you would like to know of any products such as retinol to use on the face during the night. We have a great range available to suit all skin. Please feel free to call our friendly team on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized