Skin texture, why do I have these bumps on my skin?
- Posted on: Apr 1 2019
We often look at our face in the mirror. At times we notice that we have textured skin, which looks like little bumps. When we apply makeup these issue become more prominent. Therefore, texture skin preventing you from achieving smooth application of makeup and smooth skin.
What causes textured and rough skin?
Skin is one of the largest organ in the body. Often with the stressors in life, like stress, pollution and sun damage has an effect on the skin. For instance, these stressors causes roughness, texture, wrinkles and sagging skin. Therefore, the stressors have an impact on our skin texture on a daily basis.
On the other hand, as women age the texture of the skin changes too. This is a result of hormonal changes in the body, due to women approaching menopause. As we age the skin looses it vital element to keep the skin looking youthful and supple. Since, collagen proteins are lost causing the skin to sag. Thus, age is a leading factor to a loss of the skins smoothness and texture.
How can I get smoother skin?
Tips to get smoother skin:
- Improve your diet by avoiding junk food, by eliminating processed food and refine carbohydrates. These types of food destroys the good bacteria in the gut, resulting in inflammation of the skin.
- Incorporate fish into you diet. Since fish provides a good source of omega 3 fatty acid. This is essential food source to give you the smooth and radiate skin you’ve always wanted.
- Start eating more fruit and vegetables
- Getting enough sleep. It is recommended to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours. As lack of sleep prevents the body from repairing. Thus, leading to premature ageing.
- Clean and exfoliate the skin by doing the following treatments, such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser skin Resurfacing. All these treatments are available at Saints European.
- Ensure you drink plenty of water. This helps to hydrate the skin from within.
- Protect you skin from the sun, by using SPF 50 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen.
For more information about our services, call our friendly team today on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized