Mushrooms good for your skin?
- Posted on: Dec 1 2019
Mushroom are part of our lives. It has known to have health benefits and be great for the skin. The most popular mushroom is reishi, which is used for centuries as a supplement and for skincare. Chinese medicine uses mushrooms to restore the vitality, boost ones immunity and reduce skin inflammation. Thus, there are many benefits of consuming mushrooms.
What are the health benefits?
Mushrooms have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It contains two antioxidant known as erogothioneine and glutathione. These two antioxidant helps to protect us from free radical damage. According to nutritionist mushrooms are anti cancerous and are great immune booster. Thus, being great vegetable to improve our overall health.
- Lowers cholesterol level.
- Lowering blood pressure.
- Reduces sugar level and is anti- diabetic.
- Has anti- inflammatory properties and anti-cancerous prosperities.
What are the skin benefits?
Mushrooms have skin lightening properties. This vegetable contains kojic acid, that are found in shiitake mushrooms. Shiitake mushrooms helps to boost our immunity, reduce irritation and inflammation. Veratric acid is found in these mushrooms, which helps to improve the appearance of wrinkles. Thus, having overall benefit to the skin and health.
Types of mushrooms and what they do for you?
- have antiviral and antibacterial properties to fight infections.
- Aids in cancer treatment by decreasing the rate at which the tumour spreads.
- Protect the skin from oxidative stress. Thus reducing signs of aging like wrinkles.
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Improves immunity and skin lightening properties due to kojic acid.
- Antibacterial and anti viral properties.
- Stop the spreading of cancer cells.
- Strengthen the body’s immune system.
- Are rich in B vitamins and essential proteins that are good for the skin.
- Helps to repair the tissue in the body.
- Boost immunity and antibacterial properties.
Therefore, this vegetable is good for our health and skin, no matter what type we consume.
At Saints European we have facial treatments and products that contains kojic acid that helps with hyperpigmentation and lighten the skin. We also have other services that target fine line and wrinkles.
Call our friendly team today on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized