Is Argan oil worth the hype ?
- Posted on: Jul 15 2019
Argan oil is taken by a storm by the beauty industry today, with every products claiming to have this potent ingredient. The question is argan oil good for the skin and hair?. This oil nourishes and smoothes the hair and the skin. Argan oil comes from nuts from the argan tree in Morocco. Traditionally, this oil is used by Moroccans for centuries for cooking and for skin benefits. Thus, being beneficial in many ways.
What are the benefits of Argan oil?
- Argan oil contains high level of Vitamin E. This antioxidant protects the skin from free radical damage. Free radicals damages the skin cells at a cellular level. Thus, the use of this oil prevents this from occurring.
- Studies shows that Argan oil can help to get rid of bad cholesterol, reduce the risk cardiovascular and cancer, when consumed. Thus, to obtain health benefit it is important to consume the cooking version of this oil.
- Smooth out wrinkles on the skin by providing hydration and retaining water in the skin. Thus, having plumping effect in the skin.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that aids the skin healing process. This is due to the oil being high in Omega 3 & Omega 6. Therefore, helping to promote wound healing and repairing the skin barrier.
- Help people who have dry and eczema prone skin.
- Helps matured skin to stay hydrated and retain moisture. Thus, being beneficial for aged dry skin.
What are the hair benefits of the oil ?
- Moisturizes the hair, to prevent dry and brittle hair.
- Provides shine to your hair as it acts as a leave in conditioner.
- Studies have shown that this oil can help to reduce hair loss.Therefore, having multiple benefits to the hair.
Are all Argan oil the same?
Not all the oils are the same, some will differ by its potency. As it may be mixed with additives, such as fragrances that can irritate the skin. Thus, it is important to source pure Argan oil to get the full benefits.
What kind of Argan oil is the best to use and is it safe?
Posted in: Uncategorized