Free your skin from pigmentation
- Posted on: Jun 15 2018
Consequently, failure in looking after the skin results in skin damage at a cellular level deep within the tissue. Therefore, this brings about pigmentation that has developed over the years. Often pigmentation is not noticed by the naked eye. However, we recommend everyone to use suitable medical graded skincare products to prevent future skin damage.
This is a process whereby the skin is damaged by sun, causing color changes. Ones skin color can go lighter or darker depending on the skin damage that is present.Hence, it is particularly important for oneself to note the changes that are happening to their skin.
The Science of pigmentation
We all believe that the changes in skin is noticed by fine lines, wrinkles or skin becoming lax. But we don’t see the damage sun exposure has on our skin. Excessive sun exposure changes the structure of the skin over the years.
Rays from the sun activates the skin cells to produce melanin by the melanocytes. Thus, producing pigments in the skin giving it color. For those with darker skin, sun exposure results in a type of pigmentation, called Melasma. Melasma appears as brown patches or masks on the face and other areas.
How can I prevent pigmentation?
* Limit sun exposure to avoid skin damage.
* Using sunscreen on a daily basis, even if it is cloudy.
* Wearing a hat or using an umbrella to protect yourself from the sun.
* Wearing sunglasses
* Allow blemishes and acne to heal completely, as picking on the blemish or acne can cause post inflammatory pigmentation
* Using Obagi Nu-Derm system that has a specific active ingredient that targets Melasma and Pigmentation. It is recommended to use the whole system to achieve the best results.
Obagi Nu-Derm is exclusively available at Saints European. Feel free to call our friendly staff today on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized