Eye cream, how to apply?
- Posted on: Aug 15 2019
The eye area is one of the most delicate areas of the face, and need special care. It is important to be gentle and avoid any hard rubbing. This causes wrinkles and fine lines. Thus, the eyes is the first place we tend to notice the signs of ageing, so it’s important to know how to best look after these delicate areas by using the right eye cream.
What ingredients should I look out for?
The best way we can look after our eye area is by using eye cream to target issues, such as fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness. It is important to know what ingredients to look out for to target these issues. There are two types of eye creams we can find. One of the types of the eye cream targets a particular issue. While, others will target a range of issues in one cream. Thus, it is important to understand what each ingredient do to improve the appearance of your under eye area.
- Vitamin C: is an antioxidant that protect the skin from free radical damage from the sun, stress, pollutant and lack of sleep. Thus, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retinoids: this ingredient is great to ensure that the skin under your eye look supple and youthful. As retinoids increases the skins turn over rate by promoting exfoliation.
- Hyaluronic acid and sheer butter: helps to moisturize the skin and helps the skin to retain its moisture, giving you the youthful appearance. Thus, preventing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Peptides: promotes collagen production and elastin. This rebuilds the skin structure. Thus, reducing appearance of these fine lines and wrinkles.
- Caffeine, vitamin K, Arnica: these ingredients targets the blood vessels in the eye area, which increases blood circulation and reduces eye puffiness.
How do I apply eye cream?
- Use your ring finger to apply a pea size amount to the eye. Using your ring finger will ensure your not putting pressure on the delicate skin area.
- Apply small dots of the eye cream, starting from the inner corner working around the eye to the brow bone. This ensures all areas of the eye is targeted and stimulates blood circulation.
- Let the skin absorb the eye cream, before applying concealer. It is good to wait at least 90 seconds before applying your concealer. Thus, ensuring the eye cream has fully penetrated in the skin.
At Saints European, we have a highly potent eye cream that targets all eye area concerns. To find out more, please call our friendly team on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized