Exfoliation – why it is important?
- Posted on: Oct 15 2019
During this time of year it is important to exfoliate the skin. As the skin over time becomes dull. However, by exfoliating the skin it can help to revive the skin. Exfoliation helps to improve the skins texture and tone by giving you the youthful glowing skin you’ve always wanted. Thus, it is important to exfoliate the skin from time to time.
What is exfoliation?
Exfoliation is a process whereby the skin cells are renewed by removing old dead skin cells. There are two ways in which the skin can be exfoliated by chemical process or by physical exfoliant. For instance, to exfoliate the skin physically it can be done by using a granule scrub, gel, liquid, sponge, towel or brush to smooth out the skin. This helps to displace any dead skin cells.
To exfoliate the skin through a chemical process, can be done by alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acid and enzymes to loosen the dead skin cells. Another way can be done by have microdermabrasion to exfoliate the skin. This is often done at a skincare clinic where they have specialised peels and treatments containing these ingredients. Thus, it Is important to see which ways of exfoliation works best for you.
Why should I exfoliate:
- Helps to get rid of dead skin cells on the face and body.
- Give you youthful, glowing and smooth skin.
- Improves the health of the skin.
- Once exfoliation has occurred it helps skincare products to penetrate the skin effectively.
- If you have acne prone skin, exfoliation can help you to clear clogged pores and black heads from the skin. Thus, reducing the outbreak of acne.
- Exfoliation helps to reduce scarring due to the constant cell turnover.
- Promote collagen production.
There are many benefits of exfoliating your skin. But ensure that you don’t over exfoliate the skin. It is important to exfoliate your skin 2-3 times a week, if your using a scrub. Whereas, chemical exfoliation should only be done once a month by a skincare professional. Thus, it is important not to over exfoliate and find that perfect balance that suits your needs.
At Saints European, we have great exfoliating skin treatments available that is customizable to your skin.
Call our friendly team today on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized