Capillaries- what are these red veins?
- Posted on: Jun 1 2019
We look at ourselves daily in the mirror and see these red vessels on the face. We then wonder what these red vessels are. These red vessels are known as broken capillaries that look like red spiders and splotch veins on the face and other areas. It can be irritating at times and wish it would just go away. Therefore, it is important to know what causes broken capillaries.
What are broken capillaries?
Broken capillaries are dilated or enlarged blood vessels beneath the skin. These broken vessels are found near the nose, cheeks and chin area. Any individual can have broken capillaries. However, those who suffer from acne, Rosacea or have sensitive skin are more prone to experience this. Thus, there are specific reasons why some people are more susceptible to broken capillaries than others.
What causes broken capillaries?
- Genetic can play an important part.
- People with fair skin or Rosacea.
- Extreme temperatures changes in the climate.
- Individual who excessively drink or smoke.
- UV damage, by not protecting your skin in the sun.
- Trauma to the skin, such as applying too much pressure and when squeezing a pimple on the skin.
- Sneezing, exercising and eating spicy food may contribute to broken capillaries.
Therefore, there are many causes to broken capillaries.
How can I prevent and treat broken capillaries?
- Avoiding picking spots and pores on the face.
- Avoid excessive exposure to UV rays from the sun by using broad spectrum sunscreen on the face and by wearing a protective hat.
- Be gentle when washing your face, no need to excessively scrub the face. Just use gentle fingers tips to gently wash your face.
- Use Luke warm water when washing your face, to prevent the sudden temperature changes leading to broken capillaries.
- Importantly to prevent these red vessels is to have regular laser treatments.
How does vascular lesion laser treatment work?
Taking up regular vascular lesion laser treatments, helps to eradicate this by heating up the blood in the vein. This causes scarring within the capillary causing them to fade gradually. This process usual takes 4-6 weeks to see the difference. Therefore, laser treatments is one of the most effective ways in eradicating the red appearance.
To find out more or to book in, please call our friendly staff today on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized