Ageing skin, what can I do?
- Posted on: Dec 15 2019
Our skin is one of the largest organs that need regular attention and care for it to be supple and to remain youthful. So it is important we keep ourselves healthy by keeping fit and eating healthy. This will in turn show an improvement to our skin and reduce sign of ageing. Prevention is better than cure. If we can learn how best to look after our skin first starting at a younger age, it will help us to prevent those wrinkles and lines in later age. Thus, important to start early to take essential steps to keep our skin looking firmer and youthful.
Why anti ageing skincare is important?
Healthy skin is made up of collagen and elastin, which are proteins that help to keep our skin firm and smooth. These proteins prevent the skin from sagging. So it is important to maintain these proteins in our skin in order to achieve youthful skin. This can be done by maintaining a healthy diet and living s lifestyle to maintain your radiant skin. However, ageing is not only cause by what we eat and how we live our lives, it is caused by other factors. For instance, external factors like the sun and environment causes us to age. Thus, it is important that we take appropriate measures to protect your skin from external factors.
Sun exposure without the appropriate protection causes skin damage.This happens when we spend time in the sun without wearing sunscreen. Similarly, by spending extended hours in the sun increases the rate at which it damages yours skin, due to the exposure of UVA and UVB rays . This exposure cause the colleges and elastin to break down causing premature ageing, wrinkles, sunspots and in some cases increase your risk to skin cancer. Thus, it is important that we look after our skin in the sun.
How can I look after my skin?
- Applying sunscreen to the face will prevent premature ageing and prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin.
- Cleanse the skin daily, both morning and night.
- Apply moisturizer to replace any moisture lost from the skin daily.
- Follow a skincare regimen as suggested by your skincare specialist. This will ensure that the products customizable to your skin. Thus, ensuring the skincare can specifically target your signs of ageing.
- Have regular skincare treatments to ensure your skin looking radiant and youthful.
At Saints European, we offer customizable skin care products that can suit every individuals needs and concerns. To find out more please call our friendly team today on (828) 586 – 6172!
Posted in: Uncategorized